7.0 Learning Objectives
When it comes to teaching, understanding the fundamentals of theories and practising the different education methods is an essential key to teaching success. Even if some methods do not work well with you, it is beneficial to understand the underlying theory and adapt it to your teaching style.
This section will cover various teaching theories and go over well-known methods in the art of ESL/EFL Pedagogy.
After completion of this section, you should be able to
- Understand the fundamentals of the Multiple Intelligence Theory.
- Understand the learning styles of VAK: Visual, Auditory, Kinaesthetic.
- Understand The Direct Method Theory and how to use it.
- Understand The Audio-lingual method (ALM) Theory and how to use it.
- Understand how to use TPR, total physical response techniques in the classroom